Australia visa requirements are spelled out to all applicants wishing to apply for an Australian Visa. To apply online, citizens of qualifying countries must fulfill the Australia visa criteria. Keep reading to learn about Australia Visa requirements.
Australia Visa Requirements
Travel documents required for Australia
All foreign citizens entering Australia must have a passport from a qualifying country valid for at least three months when they arrive.
The type of Australian visa required will be determined by the applicant’s nationality, as well as the length and purpose of the visit. The visitor must be visiting Australia for either vacation or business purposes to apply for an Australia visa online (either ETA or eVisitor).
Those who intend to stay in Australia for a more extended period, study, work, or live there will need to apply for a different Australia visa type.
Character Requirements – Australia Visa
Following the submission of a visa application, passengers may be required to provide extra information to authenticate their character, such as:
- A letter from an employer attesting to good behavior.
- A police certificate (also called a penal clearance certificate) from every country the applicant has lived in.
- A formal statement of character that has been completed.
- A military certificate certifying no criminal offenses were committed while in the service. This is reserved for people who have been in the military for more than 12 months and can be in the form of a letter from the applicant’s commanding officer.
Personal Information Requirements
Applicants must fill in personal information and all data from their passport information page as part of the online Australia visa requirements. Contact information, such as name, address, and phone number, will be requested, as well as answers to some security questions concerning criminal and medical background.
Having a valid debit or credit card to pay the visa cost and supplying a current email address to get the Australia e visa in your inbox are additional prerequisites for the Australia visa application. It’s critical to double-check all of the information submitted to avoid delays or visa application rejection.
Australia Visa Eligible Countries
Online eVisitor or Australian ETA visa applications are accepted from 45 countries. Citizens of all other countries, except Somalia, may apply for an Australia Visitor Visa in person.
Passport holders from the following countries are eligible to apply for the Australian ETA online:
Australian ETA Visa – Eligible Countries
Citizens from countries who can apply for the Australian eVisitor online include :
Australian eVisitor Visa – Eligible Countries
|Finland||Malta||United Kingdom – British Citizens|
Health Requirements for Travelers to Australia
Those with a severe health condition will be asked to sign an Australian health undertaking agreement with an onshore health practitioner to track their progress, especially if the applicants:
- Had their health checks outside of Australia.
- Are applying for an Australian protection visa.
- Have serious health problems like TB, HIV, hepatitis B or C, or Hansen’s disease. Is at risk of developing active tuberculosis.
Even though they are not traveling to Australia, the applicant’s family members may be required to fulfill Australian entry criteria for health, depending on the type of visa.