American University Bachelor’s Degree
Deadline: December 15, 2022/January 15, 2023 (annual)
Study in the United States
The course starts in August 2023.
The A.U. Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted at high-achieving international students who wish to pursue a bachelor’s degree in the U.S. and are dedicated to positive civic and social change. It is intended for students returning home to improve under-resourced and underserved communities in their home countries.
American University, Washington, DC, USA
Any undergraduate study offered at the university
Number of Scholarships:
One (1) scholarship is available.
The scholarships target international students from any country who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or dual citizens of the U.S. and another country.
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable A.U. expenses (full tuition, room, and board). The scholarship does not cover non-billable expenses such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets, and miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S. $4,000).
It is renewable for four years of undergraduate study based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges, as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds,
- a minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent (or in the top 10% of the graduating class) for 9th–12th grades.
- Demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service, and advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above); subscores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (taken after May 31, 2017); 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above); 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore; 29 minimum ACT English; 65 minimum PTE; 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above); or a Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher. Each sub-score must be 169 or higher.
- Students who are still in secondary or high school and will graduate in June 2023
- Important: Students in the I.B. system should plan to graduate with a full I.B. diploma with at least three H.L. subjects. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A-levels and finish 13 years of study before August 2023.
You are not eligible to apply if:
– You are a U.S. citizen, a permanent resident of the United States, or a dual citizen of the United States and another country.
– You are currently enrolled or have begun post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
You graduated from secondary school earlier than 2021.
Applications are currently closed.
To apply to the A.U. Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, you must complete the AU EGLS application, the Common or Coalition Application, and the international admissions process by December 15, 2021 (the priority deadline) or by January 15, 2023, at the latest. Applicants to AU EGLS must apply for Regular Decision for the fall of 2023 (August). Do not apply for early Decision (E.D.).
Visit the official website (see the link below) to get the application form and learn more about how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: https://www.american.edu/admissions/apply